Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Rebecca Nurse

Rebecca Nurse! Ah, one of my favorite bands ever. They were a pretty kick-ass local band from Rhode Island (I previously lived in CT), and actually found moderate success. They were featured on an episode of Real World from MTV -- OoOoOoOoOOOOH! Haha, yeah.. but uh, anyways. They went through a lot of changes, split up, reformed under a different name (The Radionics), and then split again -- coming to a close in 2007, I believe. Probably have been around since 1999/2000.
Their style was basically a blend of 80's rock 'n roll, punk, and modern pop-rock. They sang about whatever.. junkies, sex, the CIA, not wanting wash your clothes because you're a lazy fuck, and even Santa Claus. They were a really fun band, honestly.
CHECK THEM OUT I COMMAND YOU.

The band consisted of Tracy Garrity (lead vocalist), Shawn Garrity (lead guitarist/backup vocals), Angelo Franco (drums), and Brian Niedzwiadek (bass). They changed their bassist up a few times, so yeah.. whatever.

Where Are They Now?

Brother & sister (Tracy/Shawn) have continued to make music together under the name VulGarrity. VG is actually really amazing, and even better than Rebecca Nurse. The duo performs a mixture of punk & garage revival. They released an album last year (that I bought), and I encourage you all to pick it up!

Angelo (outside of joining The Radionics) & Brian? No idea. I'm on speaking terms with Trace, and Shawn.. I could always ask, and then come back for an update! I probably will, hm...

Infamous Anus (2003)

No comments:

Post a Comment