Sunday, September 13, 2009

Kids Near Water

Kids Near Water formed in the year 2000.. in the year two-thousaaaand.. *ahem*; Exeter, England. They first carried themselves as Young Church, but decided on a name change before releasing demos to various people, labels, etc. They were only around for 5 years, and in that five years they released two glorious albums. Their dissolution stunned the local scene, mainly because of the constant positive feedback & reviews -- apparently not enough to keep them together (probably musical differences led to their breakup).
Their music is a nice blend of post-hardcore & emo, and their albums display that rather nicely. I recently got into them via a friend of mine, and I'm very glad I did! Go ahead, give them a listen, you know you want to.. it's calling your name. ..really. ...okay, fine, please? ;-;


The members of this band were Brian (vocals/guitar), John (bass), Nik (drums), and Simon (guitar/vocals).


Where Are They Now?

According to most sources, they are nowhere at all. They apparently dropped out of the music scene! How dare they. Now, I don't know if I believe this (once a musician always a musician), so if you know anything about them.. do let me know.

2 comments:

  1. THEY WERE GREAT!! EVERY ONE SHOULD LOVE THEM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also would love to know what these guys are doing now. "Cave bear..." is so fucking brilliant. I was so happy when I found this record at some internetshop some years ago, because I wasnt able to get it anywhere here in Germany.

    ReplyDelete